Tuesday 12 November 2013

Active Learning Midterm Blog Post

Suraj G.
                                                                   Midterm Reflection
 
I have been doing great in Active Learning so far. I have been participating, trying my best, and having a positive attitude towards active learning and have been improving exponentially. I am always prepared for active learning and have never skipped a day and always bring my gymstrip. I have been participating in all activities and have encouraged others to participate willingly. For example I have noticed that sometimes in active learning when we play any sports or games I have noticed some of the grade eight's just standing there acting kind of shy so I try to give them the ball and give them a chance to participate and play. Another thing that I am very proud about this year in active learning is that I have improved a lot; for example at the starting of the year my beep test score was 9 and now it is 10.2, at the starting of the year I could only do 30 pushups in a row now I can do 42, at the starting of the year my T-test score was 11.5 now it is 11.3, and lastly at the starting of the year my sit and reach level was 4 and now it is 5. As you can see I have already started to meet some of the goals I had when I walked into the gymnasium for the first time as I my endurance has improved as well as my strength and flexibility. I have been trying to eat healthy by eating breakfast and by cutting out the majority of sugar from my diet. I have also been consistantly been exercising at home on my treadmill, bike and using my weights. I think that we have been doing a variety of gamed in active learning but I have noticed that we haven't played basketball once yet; so I'm hoping that we can start to play more basketball so the variety of sports that we play can continue on. I believe that I should get a G as a work habit and an A as a mark so far in this semester due to all the reasons mentioned above. I look forward to pursue my goals and improve in the rest of the semester.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment